Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The PTA ain't like Bad Moms!

by Bethany



Back to school time! After dropping my son off at his first day of school, parents were greeted with platters of bagels, muffins, scones, Dunkin Donuts coffee, juice, and more, all in front of the beaming faces of the PTA moms. Stereotypical? Sort of. Was I the only one waiting for Christina Applegate and Mila Kunis to show up? Probably not...

While the dads (yes, go away dads) scarfed down endless breakfast carbs, the moms were busying themselves in an attempt to decide, Do I join? Do I volunteer? What Twilight Zone am I in right now?! It certainly is a weird feeling to find yourself suddenly A MOM at a PTA meeting. 

I sure felt as though I didn't belong. Even though I did, and do. I am now officially a member of my kid's school's PTA. Not sure how exactly that happened, but it did! While I almost signed up for mundane opportunities such as Gardening or Book Fair, I think I'll wait. After all, I never got my coffee. Or my mini-scone. Or that mysterious red liquid... dammit! 

No coffee (or anything) for this newbie PTA mama today...


No comments:

Post a Comment