Sunday, September 4, 2016

Oh, Daddy a Plane! Look!
By Jessica



 
 This weekend we had a family day at the New York Air Show.  My husband and his dad who is in the Air Force love planes. Which means my little girl loves them too. I always get nervous when we take F for a whole day event since I keep her on a tight schedule. But I have to admit when she loves an activity she doesn’t mind skipping a nap.  To begin with Saturday was a beautiful day to see an air show.  The actual air show started at 12:00 but we got there early to find a seat and to have time to look at the planes they had on display.  I’m glad we did about 20,000 people attended last year. Since my father-in-law works at the base the air show was being held we had some perks.  The best was skipping the long line at security to get in!  I mean who wants to stand on a long line with a toddler.  When we got into the event my little one went inside the cockpit of a C-17. She absolutely loved it.  The buttons and dials she wanted to touch were endless.
 
When the show started, she pointed shouted “Oh, Daddy a plane! Look!”. I don’t know who loved it more my daughter or husband.  This air show is great for all ages. They have a huge selection of food and drink vendors that the lines can go quickly.  If you have a child who can’t sit still or gets bored watching the planes, then taking them to play in a bounce house or even climb a rock wall is a great distraction. By the time the show ended at 4:00 little F was exhausted and couldn’t wait to go home.
My own recommendations for anyone taking a toddler to an air show are to bring the following chairs (with umbrellas to block the sun), stroller, snacks, water, sunscreen, kids earmuffs and plenty of water.
Since we had an early morning Starbucks Coffee was required.  I had my favorite a Grande Carmel Macchiato.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment