Sunday, October 2, 2016

Keeping Her Distracted and Me Caffeinated

Keeping Her Distracted and Me Caffeinated
by Jessica

 
 
I know it is been a while since I posted.  Trust me, we have been busy between music class, playdates and swim class.  Let’s not even discuss how the cable company came to fix our internet only to disconnect my home security!  While all this is happening my husband is still in Nebraska working hard.  Since he’s gone I have tried to keep me and my little girl busy. Every morning we cross off a day on our calendar and say daddy will be home on the day circled in red. She now points to the day and says “Daddy Home” each morning. But even with how busy we are and our routine FaceTime during bedtime with dad, I can see a change in our little girl. For one she is usually independent and will only ask for me if she needs help. Now that it is just us two she has to be at my side at all times. The first thing my daughter says in the morning is “coffee” when we enter the kitchen. This little one will literally sit on my lap to watch a show on the couch. Even though she only two years old she definitely has picked up on daddy being gone. It breaks our hearts that she misses her daddy so much.  So we do what all parents do we find ways to distract her. I have been planning a daily fun activity every day.  We baked banana muffins, French toast and pizza fondue. 
 

She loves helping in the kitchen and wants to do everything herself.  My wonderful hubby has made it a point to send Miss F a present a week. The first week flowers were delivered to our house (she couldn’t stop smelling them).
 

Most recently he mailed her Halloween books now we read them before bed. As the time passes, I can’t help thinking about the moment we will all be together again! But until then I will continue to be silly and creative with our little girl.  Don’t worry I will be writing a new sewing post soon.

 

 
My coffee obsession continues. This week I made my sister bring me Empire Decaf French Vanilla from a great coffee place in Hoboken, NJ.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment