Thursday, October 20, 2016

Halloween Brownie Ghosts

Learn how to create your own edible and yummy ghosts!





Settle down with all your compliments, I know that ghost brownie is amazing! I love Halloween. So do my kids (they have no choice!). Thought I would partake in some creative baking and try my hand at turning my brownies into ghosts. J helped as he loves to do, but possibly did more eating than he did working...


Making the brownies is the easy part! You can use your own recipe, of course. Or any brand of your choosing. I thought a nice dark chocolate fudge brownie would be perfectly delicious (and it was!).


If you would like your brownies more on the thin side, then do what I did, and bake them using a cookie sheet. Less time in the oven, and super tasty.


If you are going to make a ghost, you need a ghost cookie cutter. I was lucky enough to snag this one last year after Halloween for only 10 cents at Target! Definitely looking forward to going back this year for their clearance sales. Anyways, I digress. To make your ghost brownies complete, you will need coconut. 



The coconut WILL toast when you bake, and therefore will lose some of that whiteness that you kind of need for a ghost. I baked my brownies for 5 minutes, took them out of the oven, spread lots of coconut all over, and then finished baking. The coconut toasted brown more than I wanted it to, but I just added some more at the end. Mmmm, toasted coconut is delish!


Okay, if you can tell that is a ghost, then thank you! It was hard getting that cookie cutter to go through the toasted coconut... but I must say, the brownies (ghosts and ghost parts!) were definitely a hit. The kids loved the dirty ghost / ghosts that need a bath / what shape is that brownies!

Some alternatives:
- Bake brownies. When cool apply a thin layer of glaze (water and powdered sugar), cut into ghosts,     top with coconut if desired.
- Use a bat cookie cutter and nix the coconut. Yes, yes, yes I also own a bat cookie cutter!! Sigh...

If you try any of the above, or have another idea, share it with Moms on Coffee!

Nothing like cup of black coffee in a fun ghost mug to enjoy with a wonderful ghost brownie. BOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment