Friday, August 19, 2016

I'll see you one day, hot cup of coffee...

I long for the day when I can sit and relax with a nice, steamy cup of my favorite coffee. See the picture above? That is my coffee- from THIS MORNING! It is currently 3:15 P.M. Yep, never even pressed the button. It never was brewed.
I need (make that require) my caffeine first thing in the morning. But on days like today, which are rushed in the A.M., sometimes my poor old Keurig gets forgotten. As my afternoon headache looms, I think oh no, I never had my coffee! Welp, no better time than the present, so let's get caffeinated now. At the very least, I'll be energized for bathtime, right?
This morning we ended up in a rush to get going. Two kids seem like twenty when things need to get done! Everyone gets up at the crack of dawn, so that is not even an issue. The problem is usually getting them to eat the breakfast I prepare (and one they say they want). Hey kiddos, if you say you want a waffle, then you better eat that waffle!! Brushing teeth, getting dressed, putting shoes on, that takes hours. HOURS. Or at least it feels that way. Honestly, if we have to be somewhere at a specific time, I need to start getting them ready at least 30 minutes prior to departure. 
Things that make the mornings easier? Fun plates (see follow-up post soon!), 2 second showers, laying out clothes night before, forcing toothbrushes into tiny mouths, and my dear (usually finished as cold) cup of coffee. If I remember it that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment